Browse Items (600 total)

  • Collection: John L. Lovell Collection

lov0041.jpg
View of Arthur E. Hobart's farmhouse and barns. The brochure states: "The Amherst House is supplied with milk from A. E. Hobart's farm, situated on North Pleasant Street about two miles on main road from Amherst House. Farm comprises 60 acres with 30…

lov0274.jpg
Aerial view from Amherst College showing Woodside Avenue and Northampton Road and the houses in those areas.

lov1031.jpg
A view of the Town Common and Boltwood Avenue before Grace Episcopal Church was built and showing Amherst Academy in the background.

lov1029.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower with a view of Walker Hall.

lov1030.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower looking over Williston Hall with a view of the First Congregational Church building.

lov1033.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower looking toward the center of town and Amity Street. The statue Sabrina in the garden is just visible at the bottom of the photograph.

lov1035.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower showing houses and barns along South Pleasant Street and beyond.

lov1037.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower showing houses along South Pleasant Street and beyond.

lov1038.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower showing houses along South Pleasant Street and beyond.

lov1039.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower showing the observatory and a view of South Pleasant Street and Northampton Road area. The Morse house is on the left.

lov0001.jpg
Looking north from Johnson Chapel tower toward center of town and showing College Hall, Morgan Library, and the Amherst College President's House, as well as the south end of the Town Common.

lov1040a.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower showing East College and Barrett Gymnasium.

lov0069_1.jpg
View of the Alpha Delta Phi house, contructed in 1890 on the north corner of Pleasant and Sellen Streets, with the old chapter house (the Sellon house) visible behind it. The materials used in construction were Elyria sandstone, pressed brick, and…

lov0406.jpg
View of the flag pole with waving American flag which was dedicated on the Town Common on July 4, 1899. Photograph probably taken from a building in Merchants' Row. Written in the Amherst Record of June 28, 1899, "For the first time in many years…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2