Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: 1850s

View of Amity Street and Amherst Academy building, where Emily Dickinson went to school. The Academy building is three and one-half stories and federal style. The building was razed in 1868. Rev. David Parsons House is on the right. The Jones Library…

Tax record book showing property owned and its value.

This building stood at the corner of Amity and North Pleasant Street. Samuel K. Orr remodeled it as a modern drug store and opened his shop there in 1859. According to the Springfield Republican (October 22, 1864 edition, page 8) William F. Gunn…

1st Church Articles of Faith.pdf
Articles of faith and government of the First Church in Amherst, Mass. Adopted February 13, 1834. Printed by J. S. and C. Adams, 1850.

Birds-eye-view lithograph of Amherst. Perspective map not drawn to scale. Published by John B. Bachelder between 1855 and 1857.

Includes insets: Residence of Prof. Edward Hitchcock, Residence of L.S. Sweetser, esq.; Residence of Hon. Edward…

Lithograph of the Dickinson Homestead on Main Street shortly after the Homestead was reacquired by Edward Dickinson.

Map of the county of Hampshire, Massachusetts, based upon the trigonometrical survey of the state, the details from actual surveys under the direction of Henry F. Walling
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2