Browse Items (173 total)

  • Tags: 1870s

lov0115.jpg
View of the dormitory that was constructed after old North College was destroyed by fire in 1857. Construction was partially funded from insurance on old North College. It was razed in 1883.The steeple of Stearns Church is visible rising above the…

lov0116.jpg
View of the dormitory that was constructed after old North College was destroyed by fire in 1857. Construction was partially funded from insurance on old North College. It was razed in 1883. This photograph was taken before 1873, when Stearns Church…

lov0132.jpg
View of Morgan Library, the Amherst College President's House and College Hall on the west side of South Pleasant Street before the addition to the Library in 1882.

lov0133.jpg
View of Morgan Library, the Amherst College President's House and College Hall on the west side of South Pleasant Street before the addition to the Library in 1882.

lov0134.jpg
View of Morgan Library, the Amherst College President's House a partial view of College Hall on the west side of South Pleasant Street before the addition to the Library in 1882.

lov0135.jpg
View of the Amherst College President's House and Morgan Library with a fence along the walkway. This photograph was taken before the renovation of Morgan Library in 1882.

lov0136.jpg
View of Morgan Library, the Amherst College President's House and College Hall on the west side of South Pleasant Street before the addition to the Library in 1882. This view is a winter scene with a covering of snow on the ground.

lov0138.jpg
Close-up of the President's House with a white picket fence in front and a portion of Morgan Library visible to the right.

lov0140.jpg
This is the original building constructed in 1868-1870 through gifts of money by William J. Walker and others. It was built to house the departments of Mathematics, Astronomy, and Natural Philosophy, and included a valuable collection of minerals…

lov0141.jpg
View of a mathematics classroom in Walker Hall with student benches lined up in rows and facing the teacher's desk on a raised platform in front. There are blackboards with written calculations lining all visible walls.

lov0142.jpg
This is the original building constructed in 1868-1870 through gifts of money by William J. Walker and others. It was built to house the departments of Mathematics, Astronomy, and Natural Philosophy, and included a valuable collection of minerals…

lov0143.jpg
This is the original building constructed in 1868-1870 through gifts of money by William J. Walker and others. It was built to house the departments of Mathematics, Astronomy, and Natural Philosophy, and included a valuable collection of minerals…

lov0144.jpg
This is the original building constructed in 1868-1870 through gifts of money by William J. Walker and others. It was built to house the departments of Mathematics, Astronomy, and Natural Philosophy, and included a valuable collection of minerals…

lov0147.jpg
Side view of Williston Hall showing the entrance to the tower. The first North College once stood on this site before it burned in 1857. Hon. Samuel Williston of Easthampton donated money for a new building and Williston Hall was dedicated May 19,…

lov0148.jpg
Front view of Williston Hall The first North College once stood on this site before it burned in 1857. Hon. Samuel Williston of Easthampton donated money for a new building and Williston Hall was dedicated May 19, 1858. The third floor originally…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2