Browse Items (287 total)

  • Tags: Amherst College

lov1033.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower looking toward the center of town and Amity Street. The statue Sabrina in the garden is just visible at the bottom of the photograph.

lov1031.jpg
A view of the Town Common and Boltwood Avenue before Grace Episcopal Church was built and showing Amherst Academy in the background.

lov1030.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower looking over Williston Hall with a view of the First Congregational Church building.

lov1029.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower with a view of Walker Hall.

lov1028.jpg
View of Amherst College through the trees on the Town Common.

lov1027.jpg
View of the classroom of Frank H. Loud, a professor of mathematics at Amherst College. Class is in session. Professor Loud taught mathematics at Amherst College from 1873 to 1876.

lov1026.jpg
View of the classroom of Thomas Cushing Esty, a professor of mathematics at Amherst College. Class is in session. Professor Esty taught mathematics at Amherst College from 1895-1901 and 1905-1941.

lov1025.jpg
Classroom at Amherst College filled with chairs lined up in rows.

lov1024.jpg
Large group of Amherst College students sitting on benches in a classroom and listening attentively.

lov1023.jpg
Large group of Amherst College students posing on steps outside a large building.

lov1022.jpg
Walkway leading through an arch of trees.

lov1019.jpg
Scene showing rows of glass display cases in a long room with a Native American mural on the far wall.

lov1018.jpg
This building was erected in 1855 and was named for the Hon. Samuel Appleton. It contained the Hitchcock Ichnological Collection, the Gilbert Museum of Indian Relics, and the Adams Zoological Collection.

lov1017.jpg
View of the President's House, Morgan Library, and College Hall.

lov1016.jpg
Construction of Walker Hall began in 1868. The building was dedicated in 1870, and was gutted by fire in 1882.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2