Browse Items (95 total)

  • Tags: Churches

lov1057.jpg
View of Grace Episcopal Church with ivy growing up the front of the building. The beginning of Spring Street is just visible on the right.

Tags: ,

lov1056.jpg
View of Grace Episcopal Church with ivy growing up the front of the building. The house next door is partially visible on the right.

Tags: ,

lov1055.jpg
View of the entryway of Grace Episcopal Church covered with ivy.

Tags: ,

lov1054.jpg
View of Grace Episcopal Church with the front of the building almost completely covered by ivy.

Tags: ,

lov1053.jpg
View of Grace Episcopal Church and rectory from the Town Common.

Tags: ,

lov1052.jpg
View looking over the pews toward the stained glass windows in the front of the church.

Tags: ,

lov1030.jpg
Photograph taken from Johnson Chapel tower looking over Williston Hall with a view of the First Congregational Church building.

lov1014.jpg
View across a meadow toward Amherst College with Amherst High School on the right and First Congregational Church on the left.

lov1009.jpg
This building is the third meetinghouse constructed by the First Congregational Church of Amherst. First Church removed the east portico of this building in 1861, as shown in this photograph. Amherst College bought this building in 1867, and renamed…

lov1008.jpg
This building is the third meetinghouse constructed by the First Congregational Church of Amherst. First Church removed the east portico of this building in 1861, as shown in this photograph. Amherst College bought this building in 1867, and renamed…

lov1007.jpg
Exterior view of Stearns Chapel. Construction was initiated in 1864 by a monetary gift of William F. Stearns. More funds were raised and construction took place beginning in 1870. The building was razed in 1949, except for the steeple, which stands…

lov1003.jpg
Looking north across the portico of Johnson Chapel. There are students lounging on the steps and against trees.

lov1001.jpg
Looking over pews toward the front with a view of the arched ceiling and the organ pipes.

lov1000.jpg
View of an ornate column inside the new Stearns Chapel.

lov0462.jpg
Pelham granite and Longmeadow sandstone were used in the construction of this chapel, which was dedicated in 1886. The architect was Stephen C. Earle of Worcester. The college library operated on the first floor and the chapel on the second.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2