Skip to main content
Clifton Johnson Collection
Terms and Conditions
Return to The Jones Library Special Collections
Search using this query type:
Search only these record types:
Advanced Search (Items only)
Browse Items (1184 total)
Browse by Tag
Janet Dakin with two dogs
Janet Wilder Dakin with two large dogs. Trees are visible in the background.
Marsh House being relocated in 1989
Mar 23, 1989, moving #109 Main St. to new site enar the rail road opposite Sweetser park. Police Chief D m Maia in black hat. Masonic Hall, Town Hall in background.
Robert Francis and his family
Photograph of Robert Francis and family members sitting at a table outside under trellises. Francis' father Ebenezer F. Francis and stepmother Ida May Allen Francis are sitting across from Robert (fourth from left).
Lavinia Dickinson with cat
View of a middle-aged, smiling Lavinia Dickinson standing outside on the homestead porch holding one of her many cats.
Harris Barnes' boat with three rowboats at Camp Coolidge
Photograph of Harris Barnes' boat and three rowboats on a lake at Camp Coolidge, a boy scout camp on Lake Neesoponsett in North Dana, Massachusetts. Harris and Prayne Barnes are in the boat.
Amherst Common Market, July 10, 1976
Photograph of two women looking at vegetables at the Amherst Common Market (now known as the Farmers' Market) in Amherst, Massachusetts
Amateur Rocketeer Club, July 16, 1969
Dow Holden and Raymond Cicia, members of a club of amateur rocketeers in East Amherst, ignite a solid-fuel rocket from a launch pad near Dow's home on Main St in Amherst.
South Amherst Fourth of July Parade
Photograph of the South Amherst Fourth of July parade with a girl riding a horse holding a American flag and wearing an eagle as a hat. Other costumed children are in the background
Jones Library with parking for both cars and horses
View of the east side of the library and the First National Bank with street parking for both cars and horses.
Jones Library in the Whipple House
The Whipple House, which once housed the Jones Library. "Jan 1927" is written on the bottom right of the photo.
Amity and Pleasant Street after Amherst House fire
View of ruins of Amherst House, where Jones Library was housed
Jones Library renovation
Construction on the addition to The Jones Library in the early 1990's.
Jones Library Boltwood Room
The Boltwood Room. Caption on reverse reads, "The Boltwood Room- a genealogical and historical collection, once owned by the Boltwood family."
Jones Library in the 1930s with cars parked outside
The exterior of The Jones Library in the 1930s with 3 cars parked outside. Caption on reverse reads, "c. 1932"
Jones Library Adult Reading Room
The adult reading room of the Jones Library in 1968.