Barrett Gymnasium at Amherst College

Image

lov0058_1.jpg

Title

Barrett Gymnasium at Amherst College

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

This building was erected in 1860, and was named for Dr. Benjamin Barrett, a large contributor to the fund for its construction. Amherst was the first College to introduce gymnastic exercise as a part of regular College work.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circa 1890

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0058

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

3.9 x 5.9 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Barrett Gymnasium at Amherst College,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 13, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/147.