Hitchcock Hall at Amherst College

Image

lov0067_1.jpg

Title

Hitchcock Hall at Amherst College

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

This building on Boltwood Avenue at the south end of the Town Common, formerly the Boltwood Mansion, was acquired by the College in 1892 and remodeled as Hitchcock Hall. It became the College dining commons with a capacity of about one hundred table boarders. It was razed in 1916 to make room for the construction of Converse Hall.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circa 1890

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0067

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

3.9 x 5.9 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Hitchcock Hall at Amherst College,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 14, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/156.