Amherst College Hall without pillars

Image

lov0097.jpg

Title

Amherst College Hall without pillars

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

This building was erected in 1828-29 as the third meetinghouse of First Congregational Church of Amherst. The pillars were removed by the church in 1861 and it was purchased by the College in 1867.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circ 1870

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0097

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

2.4 x 3 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Amherst College Hall without pillars,” Digital Amherst, accessed April 25, 2018, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/186.