First National Bank in Amherst

Image

lov0317.jpg

Title

First National Bank in Amherst

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

View of the old First National Bank building which was designed by William Fenno Pratt and built in 1864. The building was home to S. K. Orr Apothecary as well as the bank. In 1891, the Bank moved to the center of town and located in Merchants' Row. From about 1971 to 2006 this building housed Fenton's Athletic Supplies. This photograph was taken after 1884 when gas lights were installed in the town. There is a horse and carriage parked in front of the building.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

After 1884

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0317

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

6.6 x 8.5 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “First National Bank in Amherst,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 14, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/404.