Amherst House on South Pleasant Street

Image

lov0380.jpg

Title

Amherst House on South Pleasant Street

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

View of the first incarnation of the Amherst House. It was previously known as the Boltwood Tavern. The establishment was sold in 1838 and the name was changed to the Amherst House. It provided lodging for travelers coming by stage from Northampton, as well as several permanent residents and students. Also visible in the photograph is the old ice wagon.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Before 1879

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0380

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

6.7 x 9.3 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Amherst House on South Pleasant Street,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 12, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/467.