Old Chapel at Massachusetts Agricultural College

Image

lov0461.jpg

Title

Old Chapel at Massachusetts Agricultural College

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

Pelham granite and Longmeadow sandstone were used in the construction of this chapel, which was dedicated in 1886. The architect was Stephen C. Earle of Worcester. The college library operated on the first floor and the chapel on the second.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Before 1903

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0461

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

7.5 x 4.4 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Old Chapel at Massachusetts Agricultural College,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 12, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/548.