First Catholic church building in Amherst

Image

lov1059.jpg

Title

First Catholic church building in Amherst

Subject

Stereographs
Amherst (Mass.)

Description

This wooden church, initially named St. Bridget's, was constructed on North Pleasant Street in 1871 to accomodate the increasing numbers of Irish Catholics who came and settled in Amherst. The building was purchased by Frank T. Turcotte in 1927 for the construction of apartments.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circa 1871

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV1059

Original Format

Photograph

Condition

fair

Tags

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “First Catholic church building in Amherst,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 12, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/635.