Amherst College Dining Commons

Image

SPC378ACDiningCommons.jpg

Title

Amherst College Dining Commons

Subject

Cafeterias
Amherst (Mass.)

Description

Purchased by Amherst College in 1892, the Boltwood House was remodeled as a student dining hall and renamed Hitchcock Hall. It was razed in 1916 for the construction of Converse Memorial Library, now Converse Hall.

Creator

Scott, Edgar T., 1858-1940

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circa 1900

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational uses, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library

Relation

Is part of the Edgar Scott Postcard Collection. Jones Library Special Collections.

Format

image/jpg

Language

English

Type

Cards

Identifier

SPC378

Original Format

Photograph; Postcard

Physical Dimensions

3.5 x 5.5 in.

Citation

Scott, Edgar T., 1858-1940, “Amherst College Dining Commons,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 15, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/864.