To demolish "Doctors' House" at Amherst

Image

DemolishDoctorsHouseResized2.jpg

Title

To demolish "Doctors' House" at Amherst

Subject

Physicians; Amherst (Mass.) -- Buildings, Structures, Etc.
Amherst (Mass.) -- Historic Buildings And Sites
Amherst (Mass.)

Description

Article about the history of the dwelling that was locally known as the "Doctors' House" on Amity Street in reference to the succession of doctors who had lived and practiced there over the years. A number of doctors are described, particularly Dr. Timothy J. Gridley, and Dr. Nathaniel Smith, the first doctor to practice in Amherst.

The house was demolished shortly after the Pariseau Block was taken down. The Jones Library and the First National Bank of Amherst were constructed on the site.

Source

Springfield Republican, September 5, 1926

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

1926-09-05

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Format

image/jpg

Language

English

Type

Newspapers

Original Format

Newspaper clipping

Citation

“To demolish "Doctors' House" at Amherst,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 16, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/917.