Browse Items (1480 total)

eastman_charles_newsclipping_autobiography.jpg
Newspaper clipping from unknown newspaper published October 22, 1916. Titled: "An Indian Autobiography: Dr. Eastman Tells of Leaving the Customs of His People to Follow those of the White Man"

eastman_charles_newsarticle_costume.jpg
Newspaper clipping from The Springfield Union, published September 2, 1923. Titled: "Dr. C. A. Eastman in the Costume of His Native People, the Sioux: Dr. Charles A. Eastman Appointed Inspector in the Indian Service: Full-Blooded Sioux of Amherst and…

eastman_charles_obituary1.jpg
Newspaper clipping from the Springfield Union, publish January 11, 1939. Titled: "Dr. C. A. Eastman, Sioux Lecturer and Writer, Dies: Prominent Former Resident of Amherst Once in U.S. Indian Service"

eastman_charles_portrait1.jpg
Portrait photograph of Dr. Charles Eastman in traditional dress. Photograph was probably taken by Frank Waugh

eastman_charles_ohiyesapamphlet_da.jpg
Front cover of the pamphlet for Ohiyesa (The Winners): A Camp for Boys, a boys at Granite Lake in New Hampshire, July and August, 1917

eastman_charles_oahepamphletpage2_da.jpg
Pages 2 and 3 of a pamphlet for Oahe (The Hill of the Vision): A Camp for Girls at Granite Lake in New Hampshire, July and August 1916. Dr. Charles Eastman offers a welcome message and describes his plan for the camp.

eastman_charles_schoolofthewoodspamphlet.jpg
Pamphlet advertising Dr. Charles Eastman's School of the Woods At Granite Lake, New Hampshire July 1, 1915 "The Summer Camp with a Difference"

dakin_janet_with_two_dogs.jpg
Janet Wilder Dakin with two large dogs. Trees are visible in the background.

dickinson_emily_photograph_lavinia_with_cat_tbt.jpg
View of a middle-aged, smiling Lavinia Dickinson standing outside on the homestead porch holding one of her many cats.

jones_library_renovation.jpg
Construction on the addition to The Jones Library in the early 1990's.

Boltwood Historical and Genealogical Room.jpg
The Boltwood Room. Caption on reverse reads, "The Boltwood Room- a genealogical and historical collection, once owned by the Boltwood family."

jones_library_1932_cars_outside.jpg
The exterior of The Jones Library in the 1930s with 3 cars parked outside. Caption on reverse reads, "c. 1932"

Adult reading room 1968.jpg
The adult reading room of the Jones Library in 1968.

jones_library_amherst_house_hotel.jpg
Exterior of the Amherst House Hotel. The Jones Library was housed on the second floor until the building burned in 1926.

jones_library_19271203_under_construction.jpg
Jones Library under construction with a car parked in front and Mr. Dolan, the architect standing in front. The caption on the reverse reads, "Taken from the south side of Amity street looking North. Mr. Dolan (French Canadian) foreman, standing in…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2