Dow Holden and Raymond Cicia, members of a club of amateur rocketeers in East Amherst, ignite a solid-fuel rocket from a launch pad near Dow's home on Main St in Amherst.
Mar 23, 1989, moving #109 Main St. to new site enar the rail road opposite Sweetser park. Police Chief D m Maia in black hat. Masonic Hall, Town Hall in background.
This photograph shows the front entranceway of the Jones Library. The back of the library (prior to the 1993 renovation) is visible through the archway.
Turn of the century view of the library. The building is a small, clapboard Queen Anne style structure and was designed by Roswell F. Putnam of Leverett. Montague Road and Sunderland Road are dirt.
Photograph of the South Amherst Fourth of July parade with a girl riding a horse holding a American flag and wearing an eagle as a hat. Other costumed children are in the background
Photograph of John Stanley walking beside his daughters, Tammy and Susan, who are riding ponies. They are on Potwine Street in South Amherst. A dog can be seen standing in the background.
Charles Green, Paul Harris, and Ray Stannard Baker stand in front of the Jones Library in 1935. A placard listing upcoming events is partially visible behind Baker.