Phoenix Row in Amherst

Image

spc_126.jpg

Title

Phoenix Row in Amherst

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

View of Phoenix Row seen from the corner of Amity and South Pleasant Streets. Cook's Block, the brick building on the left, was built about 1840. The upper floors were partially rebuilt after a fire in 1881. Other business blocks (from left to right) include the Marsh Block, the Kellogg Block, and the Lincoln Block. The construction of the Lincoln block was completed in 1910 and housed the Post Office until it had its own building.

Creator

Scott, Edgar T., 1858-1940

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

After 1909

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational uses, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the Edgar Scott Postcard Collection. Jones Library Special Collections.

Format

image/jpg

Language

English

Type

Cards

Identifier

SPC126

Original Format

Photograph; Postcard

Physical Dimensions

3 x 5 in.

Citation

Scott, Edgar T., 1858-1940, “Phoenix Row in Amherst,” Digital Amherst, accessed September 23, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/53.