College Candy Kitchen in Carpenter's Hall

Image

CandyKitchenInCarpentersHall.jpg

Title

College Candy Kitchen in Carpenter's Hall

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

This is the area behind the commercial blocks on the north side of upper Main Street in Amherst where Bueno Y Sano is now located. The College Candy Kitchen was located in the Nash Block before the fire in February of 1928 destroyed the building. The Candy Kitchen temporarily operated out of Carpenter's Hall, (middle building on right) as shown in this photograph.

This area was part of the property owned by Noah Webster from 1812 to 1822. Boltwood Walk and the Boltwood Walk Parking Garage now occupy this area.

Creator

Barnes, Lincoln W., 1879-1966

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

1928

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational uses, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the Lincoln Barnes Photograph Collection, Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

Folder: Main Street Nash Block negatives

Original Format

Film negative

Physical Dimensions

5 x 7 in.

Citation

Barnes, Lincoln W., 1879-1966, “College Candy Kitchen in Carpenter's Hall,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 17, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/920.