Beta Theta Phi house in Amherst

Image

lov0074_1.jpg

Title

Beta Theta Phi house in Amherst

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

This house was located on the north corner of College Street and Boltwood Avenue, and was purchased by the fraternity in 1886. It was demolished in 1914 to make way for the new Beta Theta Pi house. This chapter of the fraternity was the outgrowth of a local society named the "Torch and Crown," and received its charter in 1883.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circa 1890

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0074

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

3.9 x 5.9 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Beta Theta Phi house in Amherst,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 13, 2017, http://www.digitalamherst.org/items/show/163.